Poor work practices and a failure to inspect equipment led to this near-death experience at a garage.

A garage has been fined £12,000 after a customer was crushed by his own vehicle at a garage in North London.

Man involved is “lucky to be alive”, according to an inspector from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and has been left with permanent and life changing injuries.

The HSE investigation found that the garage failed to ensure that members of the public were not exposed to health and safety risks. The company also failed to ensure that the equipment had been thoroughly examined for any defects.

Full press release can be found here.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *